Many EFI owners like to modify their bikes to improve power & torque, but quite often don't have the specialist knowledge or equipment required to adjust the fuelling accurately. The Triumph official tunes for the TORS, Arrow 2-1 and 2-2 pipes can be used, but these Triumph aftermarket tunes only take in to account the exhaust changes and will not compensate the fuelling for any induction modifications you may have made. This will leave your bike running lean, hot and less powerful than it could be.
The normal route would be to book a dyno session and have the operator re-map the fuelling to compensate for your modifications, but this is expensive and can take hours if you want full and part throttle settings tuned. You also may have problems locating a dyno operator who is competent with TuneECU and Triumph twins.
Triumph Twin Power has now made life easier for owners who would prefer to take full advantage of the modifications they have made to their bikes, but don't want to go to the expense of a full dyno session. We have dyno developed and road tested tunes for many configurations of induction, exhaust and performance cam modifications for the Bonneville, T100, Thruxton, Scrambler, America and Speedmaster bikes. Using a laptop, the TuneECU software and a good quality OBD 2 cable, you can download a tune to suit your bike in just 10 minutes with no complex adjustments to make, it's almost "Plug & Play".
TuneECU is an excellent piece of software for checking settings and downloading tunes to your EFI twin. The author, Alain Fontaine is a motorcycle enthusiast who spends many hours each month updating his software and releasing new revisions of the program to make sure the program stays fresh. He does all this work and then distributes TuneECU for free, yes free. If you download TuneECU, please look for the PayPal button in the top right hand corner of the page and make a donation of appreciation. (TTP has no association with the author of TuneECU, we just appreciate his work and develop performance tunes that work with TuneECU)
- Click on the picture on the bottom of this page to take you through to the tunes for your bike.
- Choose a tune that is close to the modifications you have made to your bike, purchase it and then download it from the link on your receipt.
- If you purchased other items with your tune (i.e. O2 Removal Kit, filters, OBD2 cable) wait for your items to arrive.
- Load the drivers for your OBD2 cable (download the driver for our cable HERE) on to your computer and run the file before connecting the OBD-2 cable.
- Download the TuneECU Software HERE and install the programme. (We recommend you also download the TuneECU User Manual and read it well, before using the software)
- Please ensure all hardware has been installed e.g. O2 removal kit, AI removal kit, filters, ECM etc. before connecting your bike to your laptop.
- Download your TTP performance tune to your ECM.
- Carry out the "Reset Adaption" routine outlined HERE
- Go for a ride on your bike and enjoy your modifications.